No Bowl Feeding System for Cats
December 20, 2017
At Grand Avenue Veterinary Center, we love the use of puzzle feeders for both dogs and cats. For cats in particular, the use of a no-bowl feeding system has multiple advantages.
- It fulfills the feline instinct to hunt for prey
- It aids in weight management
- It provides environmental enrichment and mental stimulation
- It helps curb certain undesirable feline behaviors
- It slows the rate of eating and lessens the incidence of vomiting
- It can occupy cats overnight to prevent them from waking us up at night to feed them
We carry the Doc and Phoebe Indoor Hunting Feeder (pictured above) and have the system available for purchase.
Here is a video of a cat named Whisper who is trying to figure out the mouse for her first time
Here are 2 videos of Albie who has figured out the mouse and is enjoying his dinner in the process
Please let us know if you have additional questions about this product. Otherwise call the clinic to place a hold on one of these systems for your feline household today!
Dr. Jen Seidl
Grand Avenue Veterinary Center